Liposuction and Liposculpture
- Also known as Liposelection, Vibrolipoplasty , Lipoeze, and SmartLipo, this procedure is to remove excess fat.
- The principle behind this technique is to remove fat in a way that will improve the body contour. It is a minimally invasive procedure and the fat is removed by creating small incisions (2-5mm) through the skin using a cannula connected to a vacuum pump or a syringe.
- This can be done with the help of different power assisted systems such as Microair, Vibrolipoplasty, Water Jet System, Ultrasound Assisted (UAL), Laser (LAL) or Radiofrequency (RAL).
- Liposuction can be performed in very different areas including the neck, arms, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, knees, male breasts, etc.
- It can be done under general or local anaesthesia, depending on the extent of the fat removed and the risk factors of the patient. The extent of the procedure also defines the duration of the recovery period.
- During the first 3 to 4 weeks the use of a compression garment will be required. It is generally advised to perform lymphatic drainage to complement the procedure and speed up the recovery.