Botulin toxin has different medical applications, being the cosmetic use the most common and better known. It acts by blocking the nerve signals to muscles. This will relax the muscles and consequently smooth out the lines and wrinkles resulting from the repetitive muscle movement (dynamic lines and wrinkles). The areas mostly treated in the face are the are of frowning (glabella), horizontal forehead lines and around the eyes( crow’s feet). Has other cosmetic indications like the neck bands, to achieve better facial symmetry, and other medical ones as reducing perspiration (Hyperhidrosis), attenuate the severity of migraine, relax muscles alleviating functional situations as bruxism ( teeth grinding).
There are several brands of Botulin Toxin type A with similar action and the duration of action: Botox ® (Allergan). Dysport® (Ipsen), Xeomin® (Merz).
When to Consider Botulinum Toxin:
- If you have deep and visible lines between your eyebrows making you look tired, angry, sad, or upset;
- Your facial expressions cause wrinkles in and around your eyes and forehead;
- If your eyebrows are asymmetric,
- If your neck as several vertical bands (“turkey neck”);
- If you suffer from migraine headaches;
- If you have excessive teeth grinding or jaw clenching;
- If you have Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating.
Related procedures: Botulin Toxin; Thread Lift; Face lift; Fat grafting
Soft tissue fillers or dermal fillers are among the most popular aesthetic procedures because they carry immediate results, very few risks and little recovery time.
Fillers are used for adding volume. It is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure, directed to the replace volume loss due to the natural ageing or weight loss, to shape the contour and balance proportions, offering a smoother, healthier and youthful appearance. It is most commonly used in the face but also used for hand rejuvenation and other body areas (buttocks, calves).
When to Consider Fillers
- If you have lost facial volume due to the natural ageing or weight loss;
- If you would like to have face beautification without surgery;
- If your lips are thin and small;
- If you would like to change the contours of your jaw, cheeks or nose;
- If your hands give your age away;
- If you’re considering a buttock augmentation without surgery;
- If you are interested in a minimally invasive procedure
Related procedures: Fillers; Thread Lift; Face lift; Fat grafting
Thread lift or volume reposition is a minimally invasive non-surgical procedure aimed to facial rejuvenation by reposition of the displaced volume resulting from natural ageing, weight loss, sun-damaged skin or other lifestyle-related factors like smoking. It has a dual action: initial based only on the mechanical lifting action and secondarily as an inductor of collagen growth forming a scaffold for a new retaining ligament. It can be used in combination with other minimally invasive procedures like fillers and botulin toxin.
When to Consider a Thread Lift:
- If you feel that your face does not reflect your age or youth;
- If you think that time, gravity, sun exposure and heredity have taken a toll;
- If you have lost the jawline definition and have a visible jowl;
- If you have deep lines and folds around the mouth and nose (nasolabial and marionette);
- If you’re looking for a non-surgical rejuvenation.
Related procedures: Botulin Toxin; Fillers; Face lift; Fat grafting
Hair Restoration with Regenera Activa
Regenera Activa® is an innovative system for obtaining, processing and administering stem cells as a micrograft to stimulate hair growth in androgenic alopecia. This form of alopecia is due to the sensitivity of hair follicles to androgens. This is the most common cause of hair loss and occurs in 70% of men and 40% of women in a certain period of their lives. In men there is usually a recession of the hairline at the temples (receding hairline) and baldness at the top. In women it often manifests in the form of scattered thinning at the top of the head.
It is a single treatment that gives excellent healing effects. Studies have shown that in 4-6 weeks after the procedure, the hair loss is stopped and the existing hair follicles, under the influence of the regenerative action of progenitor cells, begin to generate new hair.
When to Consider Regenera Activa:
- If you have thinning hair;
- If you have bald spots;
- If you have a receding hairline.
Excessive sweating, or Hyperhidrosis, can be an embarrassing medical condition that affects personal and professional life, perform specific tasks and wear certain types of clothing. The treatment for this condition can involve medications, prescription antiperspirant and even surgery, but many have found botulinum toxin injections and laser therapy to be effective, minimally invasive and long-lasting or permanent treatments.
When to Consider Perspiration Reduction
- If you feel self-conscious and alter your behaviour or dress consistently to accommodate your sweating;
- If antiperspirant and deodorant fails to reduce sweating;
- If you have trouble gripping objects securely (like a knife or musical instrument);
- If you change your clothing or socks several times a day.
Related procedures: Botulin Toxin
As we age, dead skin cells do not slough off as quickly as when we are younger, causing the skin to appear dull. Light, medium and deep chemical peels are a popular non-surgical dermatological procedure used to peel away the skin’s top layer to improve sun-damaged, unevenly pigmented and wrinkled skin. Improving the evenness of colour and texture in your skin creates a youthful look and restores a healthy, luminous and radiant appearance.
When to Consider Chemical Peels
- If you have wrinkles or sun-damaged skin;
- If you have skin discolourations or brown spots;
- If you want to improve the appearance of acne scars.
Related procedures: Botulin Toxin; Laser Skin Resurfacing